- J98.9 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2023 edition of ICD-10-CM J98.9 became effective on October 1, 2022.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of J98.9 – other international versions of ICD-10 J98.9 may differ.
ICD-10-CM J98.9 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s):
- Respiratory disease (chronic) NOS
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): No change
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
- 2021 (effective 10/1/2020): No change
- 2022 (effective 10/1/2021): No change
- 2023 (effective 10/1/2022): No change
Diagnosis Index entries containing back-references to J98.9:
- respiratory disorder NOS > due to or associated with E22.0
- respiratory disorder NEC > in (due to) E22.0
- respiratory system > Complication (s) (from) (of)
- chest > Disease, diseased
- respiratory (tract) > Disease, diseased
- chronic NOS > respiratory (tract) J98.9