- J98.51 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2023 edition of ICD-10-CM J98.51 became effective on October 1, 2022.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of J98.51 – other international versions of ICD-10 J98.51 may differ.
ICD-10-CM J98.51 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s):
- 177 Respiratory infections and inflammations with mcc
- 178 Respiratory infections and inflammations with cc
- 179 Respiratory infections and inflammations without cc/mcc
- 791 Prematurity with major problems
- 793 Full term neonate with major problems
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): New code
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
- 2021 (effective 10/1/2020): No change
- 2022 (effective 10/1/2021): No change
- 2023 (effective 10/1/2022): No change
Diagnosis Index entries containing back-references to J98.51:
- mediastinum > Infection, infected, infective (opportunistic) B99.9