- A27.81 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2023 edition of ICD-10-CM A27.81 became effective on October 1, 2022.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of A27.81 – other international versions of ICD-10 A27.81 may differ.
ICD-10-CM A27.81 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s):
- 023 Craniotomy with major device implant or acute complex cns principal diagnosis with mcc or chemotherapy implant or epilepsy with neurostimulator
- 024 Craniotomy with major device implant or acute complex cns principal diagnosis without mcc
- 097 Non-bacterial infection of nervous system except viral meningitis with mcc
- 098 Non-bacterial infection of nervous system except viral meningitis with cc
- 099 Non-bacterial infection of nervous system except viral meningitis without cc/mcc
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): No change
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
- 2021 (effective 10/1/2020): No change
- 2022 (effective 10/1/2021): No change
- 2023 (effective 10/1/2022): No change
Diagnosis Index entries containing back-references to A27.81:
- leptospirosis > in (due to) A87.1
- leptospiral (aseptic) > Meningitis (basal) (basic) (brain) (cerebral) (cervical) (congestive) (diffuse) (hemorrhagic) (infantile) (membranous) (metastatic) (nonspecific) (pontine) (progressive) (simple) (spinal) (subacute) (sympathetic) (toxic) G03.9