- A04.9 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2023 edition of ICD-10-CM A04.9 became effective on October 1, 2022.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of A04.9 – other international versions of ICD-10 A04.9 may differ.
ICD-10-CM A04.9 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s):
- 371 Major gastrointestinal disorders and peritoneal infections with mcc
- 372 Major gastrointestinal disorders and peritoneal infections with cc
- 373 Major gastrointestinal disorders and peritoneal infections without cc/mcc
- Bacterial enteritis NOS
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): No change
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
- 2021 (effective 10/1/2020): No change
- 2022 (effective 10/1/2021): No change
- 2023 (effective 10/1/2022): No change
Diagnosis Index entries containing back-references to A04.9:
- due to > Diarrhea, diarrheal (disease) (infantile) (inflammatory) R19.7
- bacteria > due to A04.9
- bacterial > Enteritis (acute) (diarrheal) (hemorrhagic) (noninfective) K52.9
- bacteria NOS > due to A08.2
- enterobacteria > in (due to) A23.9